WALNUT CREEK (May 22, 2013) – The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) announced today that Betsy Myers, advocate and author of the book, Take the Lead: Motivate, Inspire, and Bring Out the Best in Yourself and Everyone Around You, will serve as a keynote speaker for IICF's inaugural Women in Insurance Global Conference (WIGC) on June 12-14, 2013 in New York. At WIGC, Myers will discuss women in leadership and offer insight into developing a personal leadership agenda.
Convening more than 400 speakers and participants from across the globe, the Women in Insurance Global Conference is a first-of-its-kind forum that will explore topics ranging from changing mindsets that limit corporate diversity to remaining professionally relevant in the rapidly changing business environment. Myers will join the ranks of Anne-Marie Slaughter, professor at Princeton University and former director of policy planning for the U.S. Department of State and Patti Sellers, Editor-at-Large at Fortune Magazine, as a keynote speaker for the event.
Myers brings a unique perspective to the conference with a background in finance, politics and advocacy. Prior to her current position as Founding Director of the Center for Women & Busines at Bentley Unviersity, Myers served as Chief Operating Officer and Chair of Women for Obama on President Barack Obama's presidential campaign. She has also held roles as Executive Director of the Center for Public Leadership at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, Deputy Assistant to the President in the Clinton administration and founder and owner of Myers Insurance & Financial Services, specializing in small business and the women's market.
In additional to Myers, Slaughter and Sellers, the Women in Insurance Global Conference boasts a dynamic speaker line-up, including:
- Giselle M. Acevedo, Fire Insurance Exchange Board of Governors, University of Farmers Board of Regents
- Deborah Aldredge, Chief Administrative Officer, Farmers Group, Inc.
- Rebecca C. Amoroso, Vice Chair, U.S. Insurance Leader, Deloitte, LLP
- Mike Angelina, Executive Director, Academy of Risk Management & Insurance, St. Joseph's University
- Inga Beale, Group CEO, Canopius Group
- Clem Booth, Member of the Board Management, Allianz Global & Corporate Speciality
- Susan Fleming, Professor, Cornell University
- Bert Fortney, Director, Northeast Insurance Leader, Deloitte, LLP
- Lori Dickerson Fouché, President & CEO, Fireman's Fund Insurance Company
- Erin Hamrick, Partner, Sterling James
- Patricia A. Henry, Executive Vice President, ACE Group Holdings
- Gail Jackson, Member, Fire Insurance Exchange Board of Governors; Member, University of Farmers Board of Regents
- Andrea James, President, Kemper Preferred
- Alice Kane, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Anthony Kuczinski, President & CEO, Munich Reinsurance America
- Douglas Libby, Chairman & CEO, Crum & Foster
- Sharon Ludlow, President & CEO, Swiss Re Canada
- Seraina Maag, Chief Executive, North America Property Casualty, XL Group
- Dale A. Marlin, Chair, Fire Insurance Exchange Board; Member, Farmers Insurance Exchange Board of Governors
- Maria Castañón Moats, Chief Diversity Officer, PwC
- Tad Montross, Chairman & CEO, General Reinsurance Corporation
- Laurie O'Shea, Vice Chair, Head of Global Insurance Practice, CT Partners
- Kathleen Tierney, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Personal Lines, Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
- Terri Vaughan, Former CEO, National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Joan Woodward, Executive Vice President - Public Policy & President, Travelers Institute, Travelers
The Women in Insurance Global Conference is made possible through the support of presenting sponsors Farmers Insurance Group and Munich Reinsurance America. Additional sponsors include ACE Group, AAA Insurance, Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, Kemper Insurance, Mayer Brown, LLP, Tower Group Companies, Travelers Insurance and XL Group Insurance.
For additional information, sponsorship opportunities and registration visit:www.womensconference.iicf.org.